Many fertility medications need to be given in the form of an injection. While this can be scary initially, here are step-by-step detailed instructions you can follow for administering your own injections.
Readmore- Injections For Infertility
How to Administer Intramuscular ( IM) Injection
This is an injection that you give into a muscle. Here are step-by-step instructions for administering an intramuscular injection.
- Lying down-or standing with your weight off of the side to be injected-locate the upper outer quadrant (or quarter) of your buttock. The injection is given here
- Take a deep pinch between your thumb and forefinger and wipe with alcohol. Then let dry
- Place the needle into this pinch of tissue and muscle completely, leaving none of the needle exposed
- Draw back on the plunger. If you are accidentally in a blood vessel, blood will appear in the syringe
- If so, pull the needle out, replace it with a new, sterile needle, and repeat the process
- Slowly push the plunger all the way to inject the medication Modafinil http://rxreviewz.com/provigil/, and pull the needle straight out
- Alternate between your left and right sides, each time you give yourself an injection
- Apply pressure and massage the injection site gently for thirty seconds after you administer the shot
- Never reuse needles and syringes
- Dispose of the syringe in a biohazard container such as a Sharps container-or in an unbreakable plastic container such as a laundry detergent bottle that you can seal.
Read more- Are IVF injections painful ?
Many fertility medications need to be given in the form of an injection. While this can be scary initially, once you learn how, it's a breeze.