ICSI is a very effective treatment for male infertility problems related to sperm issues
An Assistive Reproductive Technology – ART
- ICSI is a type of ART ( assistive reproductive technology) where a single sperm in injected into the egg in the laboratory
- When the egg is fertilized, the embryo is placed in the female partner’s womb, just as it is done in IVF procedures
- The sperm can then be taken from the semen , the epididymis or the testes.
Factors Affecting the cost of ICSI treatment
Several criteria are to be considered while selecting a clinic for an ICSI procedure:
- ICSI can be expensive which means the cost of the treatment can be a major a factor affecting your decision as to which clinic to select for your ICSI treatment. However, it's not a good idea to be penny wise and pund foolish - there is too much at stake !
- The location and the expertise of the medical staff can create a difference in the ICSI cost
- Most procedures related to ART are not usually covered by insurance, so it is wise to compare costs while selecting a good clinic
Chances of Getting Pregnant
Couples often wonder about their chances of getting pregnant with the ICSI procedure. The honest answer to this question is that no one actually knows, as it is difficult to predict the success chances in a particular individual’s case for a single cycle. You can, however, ascertain the overall success rate of the particular clinic that you have selected.