Email this link to a friend.
This video shows what the embryologist looks for in the IVF laboratory under the microscope on Day 1, to confirm that the eggs have been fertilised. This is the "moment of truth" - and there's always a little bit of suspense when checking to see if the sperm have been able to fertilise the egg or not! If there is no fertilisation, this is called total failure of fertilisation; and may means that there is a problem with the eggs; the sperm; or the IVF laboratory. Most eggs will fertilise normally in a good IVF lab. These will have 2 pronuclei when examined on Day 1. In this video, the egg has been fertilised abnormally. It has 3 pronuclei; and this means it has an abnormal number of chromosomes and will not be transferred.
- Consultation with an IVF specialist
- Ultrasound monitoring during an IVF cycle
- Egg retrieval for IVF
- What happens to your eggs in the IVF lab
- Sperm - in search of an egg
- Fertilisation - life begins !
- Checking for fertilisation - the moment of truth !
- ICSI . One sperm + one egg = one embryo
- PESA-ICSI - nonsurgical sperm recovery in obstructive azoospermia
- TESA-ICSI - nonsurgical sperm recovery in obstructive azoospermia
- ZIFT - Improving the chances of embryo implantation
- ABC News - Why couples come to India for IVF treatment
- Babymaking 101 - a review of the basics !
- Miracle of normal fertilisation
- When Nature fails - how IVF can help
- The basics of IVF - what you need to know
- A guided tour of the IVF process
- Types of IVF ( ICSI and other alternatives)
- How to select the best IVF clinic
- Maximising IVF success rates
- When IVF fails
- Risks and complications of IVF
- Many patients worry that IVF increases the risk of birth defects.Learn more as to why IVF is safe
- Why do some IVF pregnancies miscarry ?
- IVF patients are swamped with unwanted advice from friends, family members, office workers - and even strangers. A lot of this can be harmful and pointless - here's how you can protect yourself !
Free Email Consultation for IVF
Dr. Malpani will be happy to provide you answers to your queries onlineConsult Now
Latest ArticlesRead More
Thursday, March 4, 2021
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Most Viewed Articles
Friday, September 4, 2020
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Thursday, August 15, 2019