Email this link to a friend.
You need to protect yourself from badly run IVF clinics . This guide can help you identify a bad IVF Clinic so you do not get taken for a ride ! Here is a guide for patients going through IVF treatment
IVF is Big Business
IVF has become a big business today. How can you protect yourself from poorly equipped inexperienced doctors, who set up IVF clinics just to make money ?
- It can be very hard for patients to differentiate between a good IVF clinic and a bad IVF clinic because they all seem to be the same - and patients are not sophisticated enough to be able to make out which offers a better service
- For example, many IVF clinics will tom-tom they have bought the newest machine and have the latest technology. However, these are often marketing gimmicks to get media publicity - they do not really help the patient or improve success rates in any way
Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to this question. Just going by a clinic's reputation does not help ( some big name clinics are just money making mills) - and neither does checking its "success rates", because it's so easy to game these.
I feel the only effective solution is to be well-informed about what an IVF treatment cycle involves. The things you should be checking are:
- Does the clinic you select provides state-of-the-art technology?
- Do they cryopreserve embryos?
- Do they offer vitrification?
- Do they offer blastocyst transfer?
- Do they provide photographic documentation of your embryos?
- Do they offer PGD ( preimplantation genetic diagnosis)
The Danger Signs
Here are some of the red flags which should warn you the clinic may not be very good.
- Dependent upon a doctor who travels to the clinic for a few days every month to do the clinical procedures
- Perform less than 100 IVF cycles every year
- No full-time embryologist
- The clinic "Batches patients" because they don't have the required expertise in-house and need to "import" qualified people for the treatment
- No dosumentation of medical treatment protocols
- Dont provide you with a medical treatment summary
- Don't answer your questions
- Don't provide you with photographs of your embryos
The Important Aspect
I feel the last is critically important. While the clinical outcome of an IVF cycle is always uncertain, since doctors cannot control embryo implantation, producing good quality embryos is a function of the IVF clinic, and correlates directly with the skill and expertise of the IVF lab. Good IVF clinics take pride in their skills - and by documenting the embryos they produce in their lab, they can show their patients that they are transparent and skilled !
You need to protect yourself from badly run IVF clinics . Learn how to identify a bad IVF Clinic so you do not get taken for a ride !
Free Email Consultation for IVF
Dr. Malpani will be happy to provide you answers to your queries onlineConsult Now
Latest ArticlesRead More
Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Most Viewed Articles
Friday, September 4, 2020
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Thursday, August 15, 2019