Email this link to a friend.
It's common knowledge that exercising and maintaining a healthy diet are key to keeping healthy. However there is little research as to whether exercise can help with In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) or not.
Moderate exercise helps
- Here are some reasons that maintaining a good, but moderate level of physical fitness may help:
- Having too high a BMI (body mass index) can lead to problems getting pregnant and staying pregnant.
- Obese patients have an increased risk of suffering miscarriages; and having polycystic ovarian syndrome (or PCOS), which can which cause infertility.
- Overweight women have a lower IVF success rate; and many clinics will insist that your BMI be normal before starting IVF treatment for you.
- On the converse side , being underweight also has a negative impact on your ability to get pregnant. This is because not enough estrogen is produced in women who are underweight, something that could negatively impact any attempts at getting pregnant - naturally or through IVF or other alternative fertility treatments.
- Harvard Medical School Researchers conducted a study on the relationship between exercise and IVF and surprisingly found that exercising too much could reduce IVF success rates .
Strenuous exercise (such as running or other high impact activities) decreased the likelihood of IVF success. If you do need to exercise during IVF, it's best to focus on lower impact exercises. It all boils down to being as healthy as you possibly can to improve your chances of successful IVF. Being unhealthy, whether you're overweight, underweight, can all contribute to having an unsuccessful experience with IVF.
Instead, women who are trying to conceive should focus on moderation and can achieve this by engaging in low-impact exercises such as walking or easy yoga, having low stress levels, and maintaining a healthy and nutritious diet .
- Being overweight can prevent pregnancy
- Being underweight can prevent pregnancy
- Exercise During IVF
- Healthy Bodies Promote Success
This is all common sense advise - but because you are going through IVF, this is a great opportunity to optimise your health, because you likely to be highly motivated!
Not happy with the attention you are getting from your IVF clinic? Need more information? Please send me your medical details by filling in the form at www.drmalpani.com/free-second-opinion so that I can guide you!
Free Email Consultation for IVF
Dr. Malpani will be happy to provide you answers to your queries onlineConsult Now
Latest ArticlesRead More
Saturday, February 20, 2021
How IVF clinics create work for themselves by issuing incorrect and misleading semen analysis reportFriday, February 19, 2021
Thursday, February 18, 2021
Most Viewed Articles
Friday, September 4, 2020
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Thursday, August 15, 2019