Email this link to a friend.
Fertility is usually considered to be the woman's department, which is why most women feel that they are obligated to take a battery of fertility tests, while their husbands do nothing.
Testing is an important part of understanding why a seemingly normal, healthy couple is not conceiving . Here are some of the common female fertility tests recommended by fertility specialists from all over the world.
The doctor would first like to interview you and talk about your:
- Medical history
- Past surgeries
- Birth control methods
- Sexual life and history
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Previous pregnancies and their outcomes
- Questions on the menstrual cycleâ
Once the doctor takes down a detailed medical history , other tests are usually recommended:
- Ovulation Tests- There are several tests to detect whether a woman is ovulating normally. A home ovulation test strip can help detect if the woman is ovulating, by detecting elevated levels of the luteinizing hormone. Levels of progesterone may be checked through a blood test or the woman may be recommended to have trans-vaginal ultrasounds to check for the maturation of follicles and their rupture. The ultrasound scans help understand a woman's cycle much better
- Tests for Tubal patency Organs- A hysterosalpinogram, using a liquid dye, is used to detect the health and potential blockages in the Fallopian tubes. Trans-vaginal ultrasound may be performed to check the health of the uterus and the ovaries.
Other female fertility tests include:
Free Email Consultation for IVF
Dr. Malpani will be happy to provide you answers to your queries onlineConsult Now
Latest ArticlesRead More
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Monday, December 21, 2020
Most Viewed Articles
Friday, September 4, 2020
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Thursday, August 15, 2019