Email this link to a friend.
Male erectile dysfunction or ED is also known in general terms as impotence. It means that the man is not able to get or maintain an erection that is rigid enough to have sexual intercourse. The problem could be caused due to:
- Surgical complications
- Psychological problems
- Other factors
Is ED Treatable?
However, the problem of ED can be treated , no matter what your age. The treatment has to address the overall health and the underlying cause of the issue. If you have this problem, you can consult a good doctor. A lot of progress has been made in this field and you can select from a wide range of therapies that your doctor will guide you on.
If you have an occasional problem in getting or maintaining an erection, you don’t have anything to worry about. However, if you fail to get an erection for most of the time, it indicates that you need treatment and counseling.
What Causes It?
- When you experience the problem of male erectile dysfunction, you need to first consider whether it was caused by some physical problems or whether it is a combination of physical and emotional factors
- The problem could be due to a decreased or reduced blood flow. In older men, the cause could be related to the narrowing down of the vessels supplying blood to the area
- Any medical condition affecting the penile nerves and blood vessels could result in inability of having erections
- Whatever the reason, erectile dysfunction can result in an anxiety regarding performance and lead to depression.
Some More Facts
If you are able to have an erection in the morning or during sleep, the problem is probably not a physical one. Doctors can help you identify the problem by asking you questions related to the symptoms and your medical history.
Your lifestyle could also make a difference. For instance smoking, stress, drinking, and lack of exercise can also work against a proper erection. Though aging does not necessarily cause ED, it is more common among older men.
Read More- How Does ED Cause Male Infertility?
The Treatment Options
There are many options for treatment that you can discuss with your doctor:
- You can opt for medications, such as Viagra or tadalafil. These can be effective in case of performance anxiety or if the blood flow is poor.
- Certain vacuum devices and vibrators or squeeze pumps that can be used for improving performance
- Psychological counseling also helps if you are having some relationship or some emotional problems that play a role in your male erectile dysfunction problems.
Male erectile dysfunction can be caused by physical or emotional problems. You can get the problem treated by consulting with your doctor and analyzing the underlying causes.
Free Email Consultation for IVF
Dr. Malpani will be happy to provide you answers to your queries onlineConsult Now
Latest ArticlesRead More
Saturday, February 20, 2021
How IVF clinics create work for themselves by issuing incorrect and misleading semen analysis reportFriday, February 19, 2021
Thursday, February 18, 2021
Most Viewed Articles
Friday, September 4, 2020
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Thursday, August 15, 2019