Email this link to a friend.
It’s not uncommon to see couples scared of doing IVF. In some couples, this fear is so real and overwhelming, that they just don’t consider this as a treatment option for their infertility at all. Unfortunately, in doing so, they also deprive themselves of their best chance of having the baby they want. There are a number of reasons why people are so fearful of IVF:
- The daily injections that women have to take become a major concern
- Some women are concerned that the different procedures used in this treatment are very painful. They also feel that the egg collection process will cause them pain
- Most are concerned that the hormonal shots they are given to grow more eggs, will have side effects
- The fear of having multiple pregnancies is another factor that keeps couples away from IVF- they are under the impression that if they opt for IVF, they will have either twins or triplets
- Some are worried that if the doctor sedates them during the procedure , they may just not wake up again
- Most are also really petrified that they will fail their IVF cycle and feel that if this happens, they will have to stay childless for the rest of their life
- Those with modest incomes can’t really think of IVF at all. The ones that do consider it feel that in case an IVF cycle fails, all the money they have already spent on the treatment will be washed down the drain
Tackle your fears head-on
I sincerely feel that it’s important for patients to tackle their fears head-on and a change of perspective can do wonders in this respect; this is because most of these fears are just either irrational or untrue. It’s a fact that IVF is expensive and that there is uncertainty surrounding the outcome; however, the only risk is a financial and emotional one. There really is no pain or any medical risk for that matter.
The one way to bust these myths and misconceptions is to use information therapy- this will ensure that you are able to make a more well-informed decision. The one thing I tell my patients is that regardless of whether an IVF cycle succeeds or fails, you at least have the satisfaction that you tried your best.
Read more- Why Are So Many Women Scared Of IVF?
It’s not really uncommon to see couples scared of doing IVF. In some couples, this fear is so real and overwhelming, that they just don’t consider this as a treatment option for their infertility at all. These irrational fears take away their best chance of having a baby.
Not happy with the attention you are getting from your IVF clinic? Need more information? Please send me your medical details by filling in the form at www.drmalpani.com/free-second-opinion so that I can guide you!
Free Email Consultation for IVF
Dr. Malpani will be happy to provide you answers to your queries onlineConsult Now
Latest ArticlesRead More
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Most Viewed Articles
Friday, September 4, 2020
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Thursday, August 15, 2019