Email this link to a friend.
Procedure for ICSI Treatment
- ICSI is performed after the sperm and eggs have been collected from the male and female partners
- The treatment process is carried out in a laboratory, where a single sperm is injected into the egg to ensure fertilization
- The sperm has to be injected very carefully, on a special inverted microscope, which allows the doctor or technician to view the egg clearly
- This microscope is designed to magnify the egg up to 400 times
- Using specialized micromanipulators, the embryologist injects the sperm into the egg with the help of a microinjection.
What Determines the Success of ICSI?
- The ICSI procedure is extremely sensitive and can only be performed by someone who has been specially trained in the procedure. The skill of the embryologist, therefore, is very critical to the success of the procedure
- The egg quality is a critical factor in determining success rates, and ironically it is often the age of the woman which is the major bottleneck in ICSI treatment.
Cost of ICSI
ICSI can be expensive because it requires specialized equipment and it is a complex treatment performed only by highly trained embryologists.
Summary: While ICSI treatment is expensive, a baby can be priceless !
Free Email Consultation for IVF
Dr. Malpani will be happy to provide you answers to your queries onlineConsult Now
Latest ArticlesRead More
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Sunday, April 11, 2021
Saturday, April 10, 2021
Most Viewed Articles
Friday, September 4, 2020
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Thursday, August 15, 2019