Email this link to a friend.
Infertility is by far, the most successful treatment for infertility. Though the World Wide Web is awash with information, articles, blogs and videos about the treatment and there are forums and communities too, the fact is that there are still a lot of misconceptions about IVF, floating around.
Women who are considering IVF in the near future should make it a point to make themselves aware about what’s right and what isn’t. Most women live under the mistaken assumption that they are fertile until they are unable to conceive even after trying for very long, and are forced to visit a doctor. Also, they eventually consult a doctor only after they reach a point of frustration and exhaustion, and after having tried various home remedies in vain.
Julie Vargo and Maureen Regan have written an amazingly interesting book based on this topic. It’s called 'A Few Good Eggs: Two Chicks Dish on Overcoming the Insanity of Infertility'. It’s a very humorous take on the topic of infertility. Let’s take a look at the top 10 fallacies of infertility and the common misconceptions that surround it:
- You can have a baby very easily until you're at least 45 years of age- Every woman has a different biological clock’ some continue to get their anovulatory cycles till the age of 55 as well. The fact is that as woman’s age advances, there is a decrease in the number of eggs
- Menopause happens to women in their fifties- Menopause isn’t restricted to a specific age and it can happen anytime, once the body runs out of eggs. 10 years before menopause, the woman’s body goes through oopause- this is when the fertility reduces
- If you are young at heart, so is your body-Unfortunately, this isn’t true. The body has a natural cycle that it will go through as the woman’s age advances
- If_______________ (fill in the blank with your favorite post forty pregnant celeb) can do it, so can I- This particular celebrity might have opted for IVF treatment, or used donor eggs to have a baby. Celebrities don’t really publicly disclose every little detail of conception
- Once I stop using birth control and have unprotected sex, I'll get pregnant right away- Nature has its own way of dealing with this particular issue. Natural conception isn’t always easily possible
- If I eat right, exercise regularly and don't smoke, my body will be able to carry a baby whenever I am ready- The physical health of a woman isn’t directly linked to her fertility level. At times even perfectly fit women have to visit a fertility center for conception-related issues
- It's no big deal if I can't get pregnant. My doctor can always get me there- Sure, infertility treatment technology has advanced by leaps and bounds; however there are still some problems such as poor quality eggs that are tough to tackle, even with IVF. This treatment inst a panacea for all infertility problems!
- You can never be too thin- Just as obesity has a negative impact on infertility, being too thin or anorexic can also make you infertile
- Nobody I know would ever use donor eggs- This is private information and in most cases, stays so.
- When I want to get pregnant, it will just happen- In reality, it would be great if this actually happened; however, there are times when it doesn’t.
If you are planning to do IVF, it’s important that you get your facts straight. Get your information from credible sources and consult a good IVF doctor before forming your own ideas and theories.
Not happy with the attention you are getting from your IVF clinic? Need more information? Please send me your medical details by filling in the form at www.drmalpani.com/free-second-opinion so that I can guide you!
Free Email Consultation for IVF
Dr. Malpani will be happy to provide you answers to your queries onlineConsult Now
Latest ArticlesRead More
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Monday, December 21, 2020
Most Viewed Articles
Friday, September 4, 2020
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Thursday, August 15, 2019