Dr. Malpani will be happy to provide you answers to your queries onlineConsult Now
Since IVF is such an expensive treatment, patients want to maximize their chances of getting pregnant by going to the best IVF center, which is why the quest for the best test tube baby center is such an important one!
Now, this is a difficult question to answer because every IVF clinic is going to claim that they are the best.
Sadly, most clinics lie about their IVF success rates, and because the Government does not regulate IVF clinics, they claim 80% success rates - even though their actual rates maybe only 15%. The tragedy is that there is no way patients can trust these claims or verify them because anyone can claim anything they like, and get away with it!
This is why it's so important that patients become well-informed and do their homework, before selecting the test tube baby center which is right for them!
Common mistakes include:
1. Going to the one which is nearest, because this is most convenient. However, all IVF clinics are not created equal, and there is a marked difference in the success rates, depending upon their experience and expertise
2. Going to the busiest one - after all, if it's busy, it must be good, right? The trouble is that then the doctor does not have time to spend with you, and the clinic adopts a mindless assembly-line approach because they want to treat a large number of patients as quickly as possible
3. Choosing the one which is cheapest. The problem is that then the clinic may cut corners in order to save costs
4. Selecting one based on an ad. Yes, ads can be catchy, but guess who pays for those full-page ads? You do!
5. Going to one because your friend got pregnant there. The problem is that her medical issues may be very different from yours, and the doctor may not have the expertise to be able to manage your specific diagnosis
6. Letting your family doctor decide. While this may have been a sensible option in the past, in this day and age of kickbacks and cuts, this is not a reliable way of selecting a good clinic.
7. Choosing the one which all celebrities go to. Yes, this can be tempting, because you never know who you will meet at the clinic! However, if you want to be treated like a VIP, you will be sadly disappointed, because it's the celebs who will get all the attention!
Make sure that the clinic you go to does only blastocyst transfers, and provides embryo photos routinely to all their patients!
Not sure what a blastocyst is?
You can download a free IVF comic book at www.ivfindia.com!