IVF treatment can truly be a boon for many infertile couples. It is a proven and effective treatment option that has a high success rate. Despite this, why is it that a number of infertile couples do not consider it? There are many educated couples who are aware of the treatment, but who refuse to do IVF, thereby reducing their own prospects of having a baby. The Arguments
When asked what the reasons for this decision are, they will put forth a number of arguments against it:
- In most instances, it’s their own perception that is responsible. At times it’s relatives, family doctors or other IVF patients who make them averse to the thought of giving IVF a shot
- Not all infertile couples are able to afford IVF treatment- It is definitely expensive; financial pressure is one of the major reasons why patients avoid IVF. Most insurance companies don’t cover this procedure and this further complicates the situation
- Many husbands are reluctant to do IVF because they feel they should be able to make a baby in their bedroom if they give it enough time. They feel that resorting to IVF is an affront to their manhood
- Numerous misconceptions and horror tales told by IVF patients can also give prospective patients a misconstrued impression of the treatment
- Many couples are still under the impression that IVF is an artificial procedure
- A number of people feel that the babies conceived by IVF are weak
- Others are under the impression that IVF babies are at increased risk for birth defects because we are manipulating eggs, sperm and embryos in the lab
- Others believe that the hormonal injections given during the treatment have adverse side effects
Incorrect Medical Advice
Unfortunately there are some doctors who end up depriving patients of IVF treatment
. When couples realize that their attempts at conceiving a child naturally are unsuccessful, it’s very normal for them to first consult a gynecologist for management of their infertility. Some gynecologists will advise them against IVF because they are afraid of losing their patients to IVF specialists.
In most instances, they lack proper knowledge of the details of IVF themselves and are very closeted in their approach. Incompetent IVF specialists add fuel to the fire with their low success rates. This ends up giving all IVF doctors a bad reputation. As a result, patients begin to lose trust in IVF doctors.
Patients can easily overcome these hurdles by empowering themselves and arming themselves with knowledge about the treatment. This will help them make the right decision about whether or not to do IVF – and where to do it as well. IVF treatment
can prove to be beneficial for many infertile couples so it is essential that they do their homework and make a well-informed decision.
Need more information? Please send me your medical details by filling in the form at www.drmalpani.com/free-second-opinion
so that I can guide you better!