Infertility Friends is a registered charitable trust, run by infertile couples, which aims at providing other infertile couples a forum where they can get together to discuss their experiences with each other.
Self Help is the Best Help
- Infertility Friends is India's first support group for infertility
- We are a registered charitable trust, run by infertile couples, which aims at providing infertile couples a forum where they can get together to discuss their experiences with each other, and derive strength from their collective experience
- Infertility Friends aims at building up a network of couples who can support each other - after all, self help is the best help !
- The primary objective of Infertility Friends is to establish and sustain a peer support group of infertile couples
- To have a team of distinguished infertility specialists, marital counsellors, adoption counsellors, psychiatrists and psychologists on its panel of advisors
- To actively lobby for recognition of infertility as a medical problem by insurance companies to enable members to benefit from Mediclaim and other medical insurance facilities.
- To advocate to the government the need to have clear cut policies to protect infertile patients to ensure they get the highest quality of medical care; and to provide guidelines regarding the legal rights of oocyte, sperm and embryo donors
- To offer financial support and subsidised treatment to couples who cannot afford the high costs of such treatment
- To scientifically study the problems faced by infertile couples in India; and to research ways and means of providing cost-effective treatment to them
- To publish newsletters, brochures and pamphlets to disseminate information about the latest advances in the field of infertility treatment
- To organise public meetings on topics of interest to help create awareness about infertility.
For more information, please visit the Infertility Friends website at